There is so much that is worthwhile. cisfem/she/her
I want to one day not feel intense nausea after i eat anything ever
"Moreover, popular narratives about the end of [legally sanctioned black, U.S slavery] erase[s] the agency of black people themselves.
And, I suppose we can say that if Lincoln did not really free the slaves, he was shrewd enough to recognize that the only hope of winning the civil war resided in pre-aiding the opportunity for black people to fight for their own freedom.”
r ppl actually writing articles about the “skinny bitches” lyric in nicki’s song????
are y’all serious
as a thin woman ima just say
plz stop pretending that fat-hate isn’t linked with anti-Blackness and that any feelings of “skinny shame” are in any way comparable to navigating the world as a fat Black woman or a fat woman of any other race. and are we non-Black women really fronting like we don’t benefit from a beauty hierarchy that positions Black women (especially dark-skinned, fat Black women) as the least desirable? come on y’all.
I don’t subscribe to the “real women have curves” bullshit but in a culture that simultaneously fetishizes and hates Black women’s bodies and uses fat-hate to (often) mask it’s hatred for those same bodies and the communities they come from, for Nicki to say “fuck skinny bitches, I have a big fat ass” is pretty rad so please, fellow thin and non-Black women, take a deep breath and remind yourself how much society caters to our body size.
like “Precious” (Gabourey Sibide’s character from the movie of the same name) is used to describe fat, dark skinned women and it’s always used in the context of “you’re disgusting and undesirable.” anyone remember Kanye West’s lyric, “My bitch make your bitch look like Precious?”
and the media loves to portray black women as fat and equating it to undesirability and unhealthiness. and poverty. and a whole bunch of other fucked up shit. so just calm down, aint nobody even coming for you forreal. this is bigger than your feelings.
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.
i like this but i don’t fully understand it…
you don’t understand how sad this is. each adult is a cross, and each child has been crucified by said cross.
- the priest (i assume he’s a priest, correct me if i’m wrong) killed the little boy in one way or another, probably rape, which is common among corrupted clergy men.
- the tourist comes to an overcrowded, poverty stricken country, taking up any and all resources that could have gone to the little native girl
- the soldier comes to fight for his country, but ends up killing the innocent girl, probably in her village.
- the little boy dies under the doctor’s knife
- the man kills the little girl in a school shooting (represented with the uniform)
- the “fat” kid is killed by obesity caused by a fast food epidemic in america, most commonly mcdonald’s, shown by ronald mcdonald himself.
this is /haunting/ to look at. children can die at anyone’s hand. even the “heros”
Just to clarify that the little boy dying under the doctor’s knife is because the doctor is stealing his organs to sell in the black market, hence the cooler at their feet which alludes to keeping the organ alive and stable for selling. This is such a strong photo set, really induces a sense of disgust and sadness.
I cried a little
also, the little girl on the tourists back represents the huge child sex industry in south east Asia, popular among tourists
who the fuck puts sex tourism on the same platform as “too many hamburgers”
If you live anywhere near Evansville Indiana please be safe because apparently 10 women have been abducted and now they’re saying it’s a possible serial killer sO please don’t go anywhere alone
Huffington Post news article for anyone interested.